Spar issues warning over chicken tikka food poisoning scare
The product, with a ‘use by’ date of 24 February 2016, has been found to contain Listeria monocytogenes, a bacterium that can cause foodborne illness. This means the product should not be eaten.
Although the product has expired, the information on the back of the packaging says it is suitable for home freezing and some consumers may have frozen it.
Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterium that can cause foodborne illness, particularly among key vulnerable groups, including pregnant women, unborn and newborn babies, those over 60 years old, and anyone with reduced immunity.
The 140g packs have a batch code of 2157 6041.
Spar have advised anyone with the product to return it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund.