The works list from National Highways shows three closures already in place will continue and two new closures will start.
Helicopter chases loose dogs after vicious attack on Wigan man
Keepmoat Homes granted planning permission for new Wigan housing development
Wigan borough house evacuated after car smashes into front of it
Wigan Pride 2022: 19 pictures as rainbows fill the streets and equality and diversity is celebrated
Wigan man returned to prison after breaching licence conditions
• M6, from July 23 to September 30, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): northbound and southbound, j28 to j21 – carriageway closure for inspection.
• M6, from April 14, 2021 to September 30, 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): north and southbound, j23-27 – narrow lanes with 50mph restrictions due to SMART construction works.
• M6, from April 9, 2021 to September 30, 2023, slight delays: northbound and southbound, j24, 25 and 26 lane closures on slip roads due to improvements.
• M6, from 9pm August 1 to 6am August 6, slight delays: northbound and southbound, j21a to J26 – lane closure for construction improvement.
• M58, from 8am August 8 to 6pm August 19, slight delays: M58/M6 roundabout works on the footway requiring multi-way signals at Orrell Road junction.