Wigan hour-by-hour weather forecast: here’s when heavy rain will hit this week as Met Office issues weather warning
Wigan looks set for wet and windy weather for the majority of this week, with a Met Office yellow weather warning for rain currently in place
Light showers are expected on Wednesday, before heavy rain hits on both Thursday and Friday.
A Met Office yellow weather warning for rain is currently in place from 12pm on Thursday to 11:59pm on Friday.
The weather warning says, “Periods of heavy rain are expected to develop across Wales and northwest England during Thursday and Friday.
“Accumulations of 30-40 mm can be expected widely, whilst areas of higher ground exposed to strong southwesterly winds are likely to see 50-80 mm.”
Here’s an hour-by-hour forecast of when heavy rain is set to hit.
Thursday (29 October)
06:00 - Heavy rain - 8C
09:00 - Heavy rain - 10C
12:00 - Heavy rain - 13C
15:00 - Heavy rain - 13C
18:00 - Heavy rain - 13C
21:00 - Light rain - 14C
Friday (30 October)
06:00 - Heavy rain - 14C
09:00 - Light rain - 14C
12:00 - Light rain - 14C
15:00 - Light rain - 14C
18:00 - Light rain - 13C
21:00 - Cloudy - 12C
What to expect from the yellow weather warning
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses