Wigan fire crews called during funeral at crematorium
Firefighters were called to a blaze in a furnace at Wigan Crematorium as a funeral was taking place.
They rushed to the centre in Lower Ince at around noon on Tuesday after getting a call for assistance.
The incident lasted around 30 minutes as three crews – two from Wigan and one from Atherton – contained the fire and offered safety advice.
The flames eventually died down and were monitored throughout.
It was caused by a malfunctioning furnace at the crematorium.