`

Wigan food pub evacuated due to blaze

Fire service
Fire service

Diners and drinkers at a popular food pub had to evacuate the building after a fire broke out upstairs.

The management of The Fat Bull in Ashton were forced to close the premises following the blaze at around noon on Sunday.

Other news: Suspected arson attack on flat

The flames completely wrecked the upstairs office where the blaze had broken out while the downstairs area for visitors was left badly smoke-logged.

Fire crews called to the Warrington Road steak house believe the electrics on a computer in the room used for running the business were the source of the blaze

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus fought the fierce flames but could not prevent the office being totally destroyed.

They then used a large fan to draw all the smoke out of the entire pub.

No-one was injured and the complete evacuation of the premises had already taken place by the time the emergency services arrived.

A message on The Fat Bull's Facebook page said the venue would re-open on Tuesday.

Fire crews from Wigan and Leigh stations attended and remained at the scene for around 90 minutes..