Woman accidentally sets kitchen on fire.

The kitchen of a Wigan home caught fire when a woman absent-mindedly put some towels on a stove then lit it.

By sian jones
Wednesday, 22nd September 2021, 5:08 pm
Firefighters were in attendance
Firefighters were in attendance

A fire crew were called to the address in Chestnut Road, Whelley, on Wednesday afternoon and quickly dealt with the emergency.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The householder told them she had returned to her front room when the smoke alarms started sounding at which point she left the house and rang 999.

Firefighters vented the property to clear the smoke, removed the damaged cooker and gave the occupier advice on avoiding a similar accident in future.

Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 for your first month. Try us today by clicking here