Wigan Warriors approached to stage home game on the road... but no plans '˜at this stage'

Wigan have been approached about taking another home game on the road - but Kris Radlinski says they have no immediate plans to move a match from the DW Stadium.

Monday, 22nd October 2018, 8:50 am
Updated Monday, 22nd October 2018, 10:03 am
Joe Burgess facing Souths earlier this year

Earlier this year, the Warriors made history by staging a Super League game against Hull FC in Wollongong. That was followed by a friendly against Souths the following week.

Chairman Ian Lenagan told the Wigan Observer earlier this year they would not be repeating the exercise in 2019.

And executive director Kris Radlinski has revealed they have been approached but have no concrete plans in place.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

He told today’s League Express: “On the back of what happened in New South Wales we’ve been approached by a number of places.

“We’ve not made a commitment to anything at this stage and we’ll see what happens.”

Wigan would prefer to host Sydney Roosters in the World Club Challenge next February, although a venue has not been finalised.

And they may be playing in Barcelona next season if Catalans’ plans of moving their home fixture to the Nou Camp materialises.