Family escape canopy blaze
A woman and her children escaped unharmed when an electrical fault sparked a fire on their front door.
A smoke alarm alerted the family in Southfields, Platt Bridge, of the blaze at 11.30am on Saturday.
A light fitting had set fire to a canopy above their front door.
Crews used a hose reel and were at the scene for 30 minutes.
Crew manager Gareth Peters, of Hindley Fire Service, said: “The family did the right thing in getting out quickly and letting the fire service know.
“There was not too much damage, other than to the canopy.
“If anyone wants free fire advice call us on 0800 555 815.”