Wigan man taken to hospital after first floor fire

Firefighters from six stations were called into action after a fire at an address in Wigan.

Saturday, 24th April 2021, 12:30 pm
Updated Saturday, 24th April 2021, 12:34 pm

Crews from Wigan Hindley, Atherton, Leigh, Bolton and Hyde were called on Friday evening to reports of a blaze in Hind Road, Marsh Green.

On arrival, they found a fire had broken out in a first-floor home, and used a ladder, hoses and breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames.

A man was taken to hospital by ambulance following the incident, but his injuries and condition have not been confirmed, nor has the cause of the fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire crews tackled a blaze in Hind Road
Fire crews tackled a blaze in Hind Road

The fire crews remained at the scene overnight and left this morning, April 24.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: “At 9.25pm on Friday 23 April, GMFRS was called to reports of a fire at a flat on Hind Road in Wigan. Crews from Atherton, Bolton, Hindley, Hyde, Leigh and Wigan stations were quickly on the scene and tackled a blaze affecting a first-floor home.

"Firefighters used a ladder, two hoses and four breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames. A man was taken to hospital by colleagues from North West Ambulance Service.

"GMFRS left the scene this morning.”

Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 for your first month. Try us today by clicking here and viewing our offers.